Since being sworn into office on January 3, 2019, Congressmember Mike Levin has been making a difference for our communities and our families.
Mike believes that spending as much time as possible in communities and neighborhoods across the district gives him the opportunity to hear directly from his constituents, so he can better represent them in Washington.
Over the past twelve months, Mike has:
- Co-sponsored over 233 bills, resolutions, or amendments, over 131 of which are bipartisan.
- Introduced 32 bills, resolutions, or amendments, 17 of which have passed in the House.
- Held a Town Hall every month, and he has pledged to continue to hold a monthly Town Hall for as long as he serves in office.
- Held 25 constituent coffees in the community and for constituents visiting Washington, DC.
- Held 12 House Parties, bringing the total number to over 210 in neighborhoods across the district since announcing his candidacy in 2017.
During the 2020 appropriations process, Mike played a leadership role to secure funding for many of our priorities in the 49th District, including:
- $41.7 billion for the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- $8.28 billion for the National Science Foundation (NSF)
- $495 million for the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- $425 million for election security
- $300 million targeted to clean up the horrific water pollution in the Tijuana River Valley
- $222 million for veterans suicide prevention
- $146 million in funding for Camp Pendleton, including $71.7 million for a new mess hall and warehouse, $17.7 million for an ambulatory care center and dental clinic replacement, and $38.87 million for the I Marine Expeditionary Force consolidated information center
- $57 million to support research programs to better inform management of water in California, including research programs at UC San Diego’s Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- $25 million for federal research at the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and National Institutes of Health (NIH) into our nation’s gun violence epidemic
- $8.3 million for the Doheny Ocean Desalination Project and $2.6 million for the Oceanside Mission Basin Groundwater Purification Facility Well Expansion and Brine Minimization
- $2.65 million for Oceanside Harbor dredging
For the full list of Mike’s legislative accomplishments, please click here.