We are living in unprecedented times that require accountability, transparency, and a free press. Mike believes that it’s important to hold Washington accountable, now more than ever, and that we must protect the truth, defend our democracy, and put country over party.
Mike believes that Congress has a responsibility to secure our election systems against foreign interference and prevent further attempts by foreign powers to influence the results of the 2020 election.
During his first term, Mike has:
- Co-sponsored H.R. 1, the For the People Act, to expand voting rights, secure our election system against foreign interference, and remove the corrupting influence of “dark money” from American politics.
- Supported the $425 million that has been allocated in the 2020 appropriations package to secure our election system and defend against foreign interference.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 4, the Voting Rights Advancement Act of 2019 (recently renamed the John R. Lewis Voting Rights Act) to protect voting rights and oppose any voter discrimination efforts that would deny any American their constitutional right to vote.
- Co-sponsored the Resilient Elections During Quarantines and Natural Disasters Act of 2020 to protect the right to vote safely during a pandemic.
- Since he began campaigning in March of 2017, Mike has not accepted a dime of Corporate PAC money and is proud to have the continued endorsement of End Citizens United.
- Co-sponsored the No Pensions for Corrupt Politicians Act of 2020, to exclude Members of Congress from receiving retirement benefits if the member is convicted of specified campaign finance violations relating to the use of campaign funds for personal use, including conspiracy to commit such an offense.